Network Security Engineer
Position located in Atlanta, GA
**During Covid this position is remote and
once it is safe to return to an office setting, this position will remain flexible
and report to the office up to 2 days a week.**
We’re looking for a talented Network
Security Engineer to join an awesome team!
This individual will implement and maintain network security
infrastructures and compliance initiatives. This position requires knowledge of
commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures relative to maintaining and
implementing network and security infrastructures. The Network Security Engineer
will have responsibility for implementing appropriate IT security procedures,
configuring security software, and implementing security administration
functions across multiple platforms.
- Implement and maintain security infrastructures (IDS/IPS, Firewall,
VPN, Security Compliance).
- Working knowledge / experience with technologies: FTD, Cisco ASA (Firewall/VPN),
IDS/IPS-Sourcefire, Firepower, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, ISE.
- Design and implement routing and security infrastructures. Monitor performance
of all supported systems
- Monitor performance of all supported systems. Request training for job
functions or technologies they do not understand.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current security threats and new
technologies released by critical vendors.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specially outlined
herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- The individual must perform assigned duties in a manner to offer highest
level of security while accessing sensitive company information.
- Proactively research emerging technologies to understand, make
recommendations, and help train others on these technologies.
- Communicates well downward, upward, and outward
- Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement
- Maintains focus on the topic at hand
- Adapts documents and presentations for the intended audience
- Drive to new levels of the infrastructure architecture and best
practices by providing innovative ideas based experiences
- Keeps an open mind and welcomes ideas from a variety of sources,
including “old” ideas from the company , ideas from employees (regardless of
department) and clever suggestions from consumers.
- Understands how managing customer perceptions and expectations enhance
- Personally provides excellent service that pleases customers. Takes
responsibility for customer problems even (especially) when caused by someone else.
- Responds to unexpected customer requests with sense of urgency and
positive action. Demonstrates sincere concern and empathy when a customer
complains. Develops a reputation for delivering excellent customer service in a
variety of settings.
- Anticipates customers’ needs and satisfies them proactively.
Participates in developing a variety of effective ways to deal with difficult
customers. Acts as a role model for the team and inspires the team to raise the
bar of customer service delivery.
- Works hand in hand with team members on changes, incidents and projects
- Actively participates in team meetings
- Knows and can explain team mission and objectives
- Provides and maintains technical documentation
- Demonstrates open, friendly, accepting, and supportive behaviors with
- Minimum 4 years of Network and Information
Security related technology experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in network,
firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS and DMZ architecture.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving Skills
- In-depth knowledge with Cisco Adaptive
Security Appliances and Firepower FTD
- In-depth knowledge with Cisco VPN
technology to include SSL and IPSEC
- In-depth knowledge with IDS/IPS technology
- In depth knowledge of IT security from a
- Ability to Maintain, Develop, Interpret
and Follow Written IT Policies and Procedures
- In-depth knowledge in LAN, WAN and
supporting networking technologies
- Previous experience maintaining data
center network related hardware
- Cisco Security Certifications Preferred:
CCNP Security preferred, CCNA Security or other comparable certifications
- Certification in ITIL Standards
- Technical Degree or Equivalent on the Job
- Familiarity with ISO and PCI Standards
Apply for this Position