Senior Epic Beaker Consultant - 1145092
Fort Myers, FL
IT Architect, Clinical and Anatomical Pathology - Remote pre and post-Covid
Bachelor’s Degree is required – no exceptions
Our client, a large hospital system with a growing technology team, is adding an IT Architect, Clinical and Anatomical Pathology to their team. The hospital has just rolled out Epic within the past year. This role will be a Senior member of the Clinical IT staff and design and maintain the organization’s current application architecture, as well as plan for future architecture of applications. The IT Architect will also develop solution architectures with align with business requirements.
- Serves as a team lead for assigned areas: Beaker anatomic pathology and/or Beaker clinical pathology.
- Participates in the selection and evaluation of team members.
- Optimizes application usage and workflow efficiency by integrating key systems.
- Serves as a solution expert for upgrades and services for reported issues or for assigned projects.
- Maintains, updates, designs, and develops assigned applications by translating organizational needs.
- Collaborates with operations leaders and end users of the system to design, build, test, train, implement, evaluate, and provide maintenance to assigned applications.
- Educates and develops Application Analysts, Application Consultants, and other team members.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment, while displaying a problem-solving orientation to issues daily.
- Troubleshoots identified issues, solves end user problems, enhances, and optimizes applications.
- Participates in ongoing support and maintenance of existing systems and applications. Performs after-hours maintenance as required.
- Creates and maintains detailed technical documentation for assigned systems.
- Provides and ensures on-call coverage as deemed appropriate by IT leadership.
- Identifies and escalates production-critical issues to appropriate IT leaders. Engages and works with vendor when necessary.
- Evaluates and corrects issues involving configuration of applications.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
- May serve as an incident commander as deemed appropriate by IT leadership.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required. Prefer 7 or more years of experience in assigned areas.
- Must currently have active Epic Anatomical and/or Clinical Pathology certifications
- Candidates may work remotely from home with limited travel for major go-lives or trainings if necessary. Company will also provide relocation for any candidates who wish to relocate to Florida.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative / self-motivated.
- Experience with information technology optimization.
- Dexterity to learn new systems and programs rapidly.
- Must have the ability to work nights and weekends as needed to support the business.
Apply for this Position