Enterprise Services & Applications Service Manager
Our Auto Insurance client is seeking an Enterprise Services & Applications Service Manager who will be accountable for the service provided by the Enterprise Services and Applications team, including alignment with the Application Managers. Ensures the team effectively prioritizes the backlog by providing information to them while assisting with cross team communication, where needed, to enable necessary business outcomes. Ensures break/fix work is completed and successfully deployed to production. Through servant leadership, facilitates continuous process improvements to proactively enhance the reliability of systems and the effectiveness of department processes.
This position is eligible for fulltime remote work.
- Oversee and direct team personnel to provide effective and timely solutions to support corporate strategic direction.
- Responsible for the continuous performance monitoring, training, and professional development needs of team members working to support the service.
- Responsible for ensuring optimal levels of integrity, performance, reliability, and availability of the enterprise business application systems, services and applications.
- Work with cross functional resources and the Tech Strategy Office to develop and gain approval for high level delivery plans of various sized software development projects.
- Participate in the planning and development of the technical strategic vision.
- Collaborate and communicate within the matrixed organizational structure including:
- Providing thought leadership to aid in the delivery of creative and efficient technical solutions across the department.
- Working cooperatively and collaboratively with the Help Desk Incident Coordinator.
- Collaborating with the business including Application Managers, Service Managers, Product Owners and Stakeholders to understand service needs and align strategy appropriately.
- Partnering with Enterprise Cybersecurity to ensure security policies and standards are met.
- Collaborating with the Disaster Recovery to ensure Disaster Recovery Plans are up to date and testing meets the required Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objective.
- Working with the Asset Management Service Owner and Vendor Management Service Manager to ensure we are in compliance with vendor contracts and licensing.
- Communicating frequently with Service Managers, Application Managers and others as needed.
- Oversee the day to day operational support for the service including:
- Daily production support incident and response management as well as alignment with the Application Manager for major incidents. This includes following all ITIL SLAs.
- Aligning with Application Manager(s) direction around:
- Keeping service upgraded and supportable.
- Meeting or exceeding service standards for performance and up-time.
- Impacting analysis for the degradation or unavailability of service.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
- Ensuring application security standards are met.
- Responsible for maintaining effective internal controls and executing risk and control procedures.
- Responsible for collaborating across teams and product owners/business partners to align the work in process for the service.
- Promote and ensure compliance with industry best practices as well as the overall technical strategy developed by the Tech Strategy Office with cross functional partners including:
- Participate in the creation and implementation of systems strategies in support of process improvement.
- Proactive about developing, encouraging and implementing continuous process improvements by:
- Driving reliability and performance.
- Encouraging enhanced alerting, monitoring and automation.
- Champion security compliance through implementation and management of general controls and processes in support of security best practices and audit compliance
- Keeping communication open with service consumers.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience managing/coordinating projects and/or teams, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience managing or operating in agile teams.
- Possess strong conflict-resolution skills; Able to take control of difficult situations; Persevere even during resistance and setbacks with a focus on a successful outcome.
- Solid oral and written communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership. Friendly, relate well to others, easy to approach and quickly build relationships. Maintain a high level of diplomacy and the ability to see and rationalize multiple points of view; well respected by others.
- Able to make timely decisions and solve problems in a fast paced, high expectation environment.
- Possess proven leadership abilities. Encourage and promote quality, ingenuity and timely work. Set goals and visions to inspire others to perform at a higher level and to embrace change. Hold employees accountable and give useful feedback.
- High attention to detail and proactive in following-up.
- Highly adaptable, with a continuous improvement mindset and an ability to support and drive change.
- Committed to increasing functional and technical knowledge and continuous learning, including but is not limited to self-teaching, training sessions or seminars with a focus on expanding knowledge beyond the current role.
- Holds, actively pursues or is willing to pursue relevant certifications for the application as well as ITIL certification.
Preferred Skills and Certifications:
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Apply for this Position